Those two favorites come together and marry into the BEST moments ever, ever!
12 Enchanting and Cozy things to do this FALL
(with individual links to more details for each idea!)
1) Plan a fall picnic
- pack a cozy plaid blanket
- use a thermos to hold hot cider
- buy or bake an apple pie
- pile mittens and hats in the car
- write up a quick nature hunt game to take along for the kids to do while there
- drive up to the prettiest fall colors in YOUR area
- eat, drink, and be merry
Details on our
2) Go apple picking at a local farm and orchard
- bring your own fallish baskets to fill
- wear your favorite cozy pullover
- make it festive by stopping at a roadside stand for apple cider
- create a list of delicious apple recipes to make with your fresh apples
Our apple picking day out:
3) Cuddle up to bewitching seasonal movies
- watch classics like Casper the Ghost or Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin
- add seasonal energy to the night by making caramel apples and other fall snacks for kids
Details here for our
GREAT PUMPKIN MOVIE NIGHT WITH KID'S SNACKS:
And details on Casper the Ghost fun:
4) Host or attend a Pumpkin-Carving Party with friends
- serve classic and warm chili
- bake pumpkin bread
- be creative!
Details here on our Pumpkin Carving Party
5) Bring the outside IN and decorate your home with nature's FALL scenes
- pick acorns to bring inside for decor
- take the kids to the store to pick out fun shaped squash and mini pumpkins to use as fall props in the house
- hunt for leaves to decorate with
More natural fall decor:
And Jazzed Up Fall Decor
6) Make real, pressed leaf garland or mini apple garland
- unique way to decorate and celebrate fall!
- use crab apples
- bring your bikes or your hiking shoes so you can ride or walk through the gorgeous fall colors
- research the BEST scenic drives to see the most vivid fall colors
- stay in a special hotel so it feels like an extra special weekend
Our Color it Pretty
Roughin' It Day out
on the Grand Mesa
And in contrast,
our more luxe fall weekend getaway ;)
in Telluride, Colorado
- Maple, Apple, Pumpkin, Pear, and Squash are all delicious foods to experiment with for the fall season.
- serve the fall treats you've been working hard on
- turn computer and phones off
- turn the fire on
Our Family Game Night Birthday Party
10) Plan an afternoon for an at home October Dress Up Show
- let your kids run to their rooms and put together whatever dress-up costumes they can create.
- take pictures of their creations.
- serve a bowl of candycorn or any candycorn themed dessert
Our Enchanted Costume Dress Up Fun
serving Candy Corn Sunshine Drinks
11) Take a class to learn how to weave your own basket
- save the basket to give as a Christmas gift
- fill the basket with apples and pears for the season
12) Plan a couple's date night OUT during a full moon at the corn maze
- a giant thank you to my creative friend for this super fun idea!
- pack a picnic dinner to eat around the bonfire before the maze
- no flashlights allowed...find your way with the light of the moon
More details coming on this soon, so check back!
I hope you feel inspired to embrace this beautiful season!
Please share your fall traditions too. I would love to hear.
OCTOBER was a beautiful month at Green Gables,
when the birches in the hollow turned as golden as sunshine
and the maples behind the orchard were royal crimson
and the wild cherry trees along the lane put on the loveliest shades
of dark red and bronzy green,
while the fields sunned themselves in aftermaths.
- Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
This post is linked to: Under the Table & Dreamin, Nifty Thrifty, Made by You Monday, Met Monday, Tuesday Tutorials and Tips, HOMEWORK: Be Inspired, Tip Junkie, Get Your Craft On, Works for Me Wednesday, Snap Creativity, Organize and Decorate Everything, Transformation Thursday, Tablescape Thursday, Strut Your Stuff, 36th Ave, Foodie Friday, I'm Lovin It, Tickled Pink, Friday Flair, Be Different Act Normal, Funky Junk Interiors, Weekend Wrap Up, Six Sisters Saturday