Entertaining is a colorful and beautiful way to celebrate the gathering of friends, and is highlighted during the holidays. Today I want to share a sweet holiday brunch table and whisper ideas on how you can recreate this buffet on your own coffee table in front of your sparkling tree.
Instead of fancy silver serving trays, I used wreaths of STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam to present food! I used a large wreath for the veggies and a medium sized wreath for the sugared fruit. STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam serves as an ideal tool and foundation in SO many projects.
- various wreath shaped sizes (your choice) of STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam
- floral picks with wires removed
- sugar and water
- super fine sugar
- fresh greens and flowers
- fresh fruits and veggies of your choice
The HOW TO:
1) For the veggie wreath, take a larger wreath of STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam and use toothpicks or floral pins to secure large green leaf lettuce to the wreath.
2) Push toothpicks into the ends of washed veggies. Peppers, tomatoes, broccoli, and asparagus work well. These veggie pieces can easily be pushed write into the STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam. Arrange as desired.
3) For the fruit wreath, tie floral greens (like baby's breath) around the wreath of STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam using twine. Leave some open areas on the top of the wreath to place the fruit.
4) The sugared fruit needs to be prepared ahead of time. Heat 2 cups of water and 2 cups of water in a saucepan until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat. This is a "sugar paste" to use in step 6.
5) Wash fruit and gently press floral picks (wire removed) into to bottom of them. Pierce and place some of them into the STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam.
6) With the remaining fruit, brush the water "sugar paste" onto some fruit pieces then quickly roll in superfine sugar. Set on wax paper to dry for 30 minutes or more. Then add the sugared pieces to the fruit wreath after they're dry.
Fresh Vegetable Wreath
Fresh Fruit Wreath
Fine sugar dusted on fruit gives us
that extra indulgence of little luxuries
for the holidays.
It also adds a delicate bit of pretty to your decor!
Line up! Breakfast is served...
These work perfectly in a brunch buffet. Guests can pull out whatever fruit and veggie choices they wish as they fill their plates with early morning goodness. You can also add a bowl of veggie dip to the center of the wreath if desired.
Cream puffs and orange juice...
Rustic birch wood vases, rough burlap,
shabby ruffles, romantic swirls of red roses,
silver trimmed fine china, delicate doilies,
smart kraft paper, airy cream puffs,
crunchy veggies, soft sugared fruit,
and zipping orange juice
braids together rustic and delicate pretties
into a charming holiday brunch.
The comforting hum of friends and family,
gathered around fresh goodness,
inspired by peaceful beauty,
with cozy warmth inside and snow chill outside
Happy little Christmastime.
Thank you Stephanie and STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam from Dow
for inviting me to share in some holiday inspiration for 2011!
...and may all your Christmases be bright,
This post is linked to: Simply Sweet Home, Inspired Room, Holiday Home Link Parties TLC, Under the Table & Dreamin, Think Pink Sundays, Seasonal Sundays, Met Monday, Making the World Cuter, Tuesday Tutorials and Tips, Tasty Tuesday, Tempt My Tummy, Tip Junkie, Get Your Craft On, DIY Design, Works for Me Wednesday, Blue Cricket Design, Transformation Thursday, House of H, Tablescape Thursday, Show off Your Stuff, Strut Your Stuff, Show and Share Day, Foodie Friday, Frugal Friday, I'm Lovin It, Tickled Pink, Friday Flair, Design Dazzle, Be Different Act Normal, Funky Junk Interiors, Weekend Wrap Up DIY by Design