My all time favorite dessert (recipe link below)
Dulce de leche is a rich, creamy, sweet caramelized milk that tastes like caramel! It is often used in Latin culture. It's very simple to make and has a lot of tempting uses in recipes.
To make YOUR OWN DULCE GOODNESS:
1) Take the paper wrapper off a can of sweetened condensed milk. Pierce the top near the edges if you want to ensure the can doesn't explode from too much pressure (I don't pierce mine however).
2) Place in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring water to boil and reduce heat. Simmer for 3-5 hours. The longer you heat it, the thicker it will become. Heat to your desired consistency.
3) Carefully remove with tongs and let cool. When you open the can, you'll see your magic has transpired! You will have delicious milk sugar!
4) Store in airtight jar and it's ready to use for lots n lots of sugary recipes!
You can use your dulce de leche to pour over nighttime scoops of ice cream...
I made THREE different dulce de leche desserts lately:
(and very favorite!!)
Chocolate cake cups with
Dulce de leche buttercream frosting:
These are my new favorite dessert! They are everything chocolate is supposed to be, plus, plus!
Use this amazing cake recipe, and this recipe for the frosting:
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Dulce de leche
I baked these cake cups in little Dixie cups and tied on wooden bite size spoons for the perfect tiny treat.
Salted Dulce de Leche
A mix of sweet and salty with rich caramel smashed in the middle.
A stack for everyone...
In a tall glass of sweetness...
Classic Tres Leches Cake:
The appropriate compliment to a Mexican feast, moist milk cake topped with dulce de leche.
There are many recipes for this classic. You can use whatever one you prefer and top with your homemade dulce de leche.
There are so many other ways to use your
homemade milk candy (dulce de leche).
A popular use is in banana desserts.
You can also make milk shakes with it.
Let me know how you serve yours! Have a sweet day. ;)
This post is linked to: Under the Table & Dreamin, Think Pink Sundays, Seasonal Sundays, Met Monday, Making the World Cuter, Tuesday Tutorials and Tips, Tasty Tuesday, Tempt My Tummy, Tip Junkie, Get Your Craft On, Works for Me Wednesday, Blue Cricket Design, Transformation Thursday, House of H, Tablescape Thursday, Show off Your Stuff, Strut Your Stuff, Show and Share Day, Foodie Friday, Frugal Friday, I'm Lovin It, Tickled Pink, Friday Flair, Design Dazzle, Be Different Act Normal, Funky Junk Interiors, Weekend Wrap Up